Thursday 1 August 2013

My little rant

I've been around for quite some time now, I would say in my life I have seen, felt, done, experienced a lot of things.  I have always tried to live my life being true to who I am, honest to those I love and respectful of the people who surround me.  This can be said of those who have been in my life both online and offline, I have never felt the need to treat people online with less respect or care than I would any other person in my life.  Throughout my life I have been bullied, ridiculed, judged, insulted, abused, you name it...a lot of people have.  As I have grown older that type of treatment has diminished as we realise once we grow up that the way we treat each other when we are younger has a profound effect on each others lives as we grow up.  Today we have so many more ways in which to harm, bully and intimidate those around us and many people are taking advantage of this, continuing the behavior into their adult lives and continuing to have a negative impact upon people's lives.

It doesn't matter how old we grow, this type of behavior affects us in a profound and negative way.  We are causing depression, anxiety, panic, anger, fear and destroying each other emotionally and for what?  It takes a very messed up person to gain enjoyment from someone else's pain and anguish.  So these people really piss me off - but what pisses me off even more, is the type of person I have had the misfortune of running into lately; the coward who chooses not only to hurt someone in this way, but chooses to do so only when their target can not defend themselves.  If you're going to insult or abuse someone - have the integrity to stand behind your words and allow your target the right of reply, everyone has a right to defend themselves and depriving them of that right makes you a coward, not a man.  You wouldn't have to hide if the shit you were dribbling held any merit.

So grow up, think about the way your behavior affects the rest of the world and not just how it affects you.  Be a man, face the person you're bad mouthing and see if you then have the courage to say what you have to say.

Jo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Identicalisms Copyright © 2013