Tuesday 16 July 2013

Minecraft Experiment

Lately I have been rediscovering my love for Minecraft with a friend and we've been putting in a rather large number of hours into our worlds, building, mining, growing, blowing shit up....  So this begs the question, is there a point when you say ok STOP...too much Minecraft?  How do you know when that limit is reached?  I hear creepers everywhere where I go, around every dark corner.  I dream about Minecraft.  I sometimes look down and think I see myself wielding a pixelated cube or a pick axe.  Have I fallen down the Minecraft rabbit hole?  And more importantly, if I have - do I want to come out?

So aside from the obvious addiction, there's many other facets of the Minecraft world that you find yourself pondering, like the Minecraft relationship.  It's interesting that you find yourself in game, slipping into the same role you do in a normal relationship.  I've assumed my role - I prepare the food, tend the house, decorate and arrange the furniture, run errands when requested, feed the animals, etc.  He builds and maintains the house, mines, does the landscaping and hunting, protects me from the evil shit that tries to blow me up and runs to my rescue when I get lost in the dark.

So the way I live in Minecraft mimics the way I would live my life in a normal relationship.  This got me thinking - is Minecraft an ideal way to "road test" a partner?  Perhaps we should consider using Minecraft as a training ground for relationships?  Making every potential couple live together in a Minecraft world for a few weeks to see whether they are compatible?  Food for thought....  Or maybe I have thought about it too much lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Identicalisms Copyright © 2013